Saturday 28 January 2012

Valuable time






On the whole I have had a reasonable week, one little fall of no consequence; my bladder and bowel has behaved itself more or less; eating has not been too troublesome, but saliva remains unresolved.
The Botox treatment was meant to be: ‘the gold standard for reducing saliva’ in the industry.  It is administered every two to three months at Airedale Hospital and means yet another£2.50 parking ticket.  Even then you may not a place to park, it is always chaos, and you can spend as much time trying to park as you do seeing the consultant, it's ridiculous.  It is even more annoying when you have eventually found somewhere to park got to the clinic, only to find after waiting forty minutes that it's the wrong doctor running the clinic and he can’t administer the Botox. All this after cancelling my appointment twice!  So you’d think they would have booked me into the next clinic with the consultant, the top Botox man and not the junior member of his team that saw me. 
Another frustration was that I arrived at the time given to me in my appointment letter and when I eventually registered with the nurse she didn’t mention that the clinic was running late. There were several patients sitting in the corridor minding their own business waiting to see the doctor.  Patients were arriving after me and getting into the consulting rooms before me which is always annoying when no explanations are given.  Why give a precise date and time for an appointment when everyone knows clinics run late.  This is not putting patients first or valuing their time. It strikes me that hospitals could learn a lot from the railway companies who allow more minutes in stations where trains stop in order to ensure that they arrive at final destinations in time.
I have said before in an earlier blog how impressed I have been in the internet drugs service I receive from my GP and Lloyds the chemist, but this time it broke down badly.  After a couple of phone calls to the practice I still couldn’t order my drugs online, so we resorted to the traditional method and took the paper subscription to the practice to process.  When Liz went to pick up the prescription it was incorrect, it contained the newest drug only recently recommended, not my regular order.  So the pharmacist said that she would sort it out with the practice and the prescription would be delivered that afternoon. She knew Liz would be in our local church as she runs the babies and toddlers group there on Friday afternoons, and that’s where they were delivered by the courier- great service Lloyds! [The courier had never delivered a prescription to a church before.]
To end this week we found mice activity in the garage.  They have been feasting on bird food.  We did not think much of it so put the food in a lidded box.  That should have been it but no I found five peanuts and other bits and pieces in one of my trainers in the back room which meant they were now in the house. This was confirmed earlier this morning at around 5am when we heard noises in our bedroom.  Liz was not amused.  War has now commenced with newly bought little nipper traps.
I had lunch with Ian, a long-standing friend from Skipton yesterday at the pub in Appletreewick.  It was lovely, good company, good conversation, good food and a convivial atmosphere.T to both his house









































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment