Monday 26 March 2012

Spring




Doesn’t sunshine make a difference to our spirits? I feel quite at peace with the world today and that’s why this is going to be short. It’s lovely to see our plants growing again. Some of the plants in our garden are quite old. I planted them soon after we moved here 34 years ago this June. The grass is growing too and will need cutting soon. This was my job until last year but no more – another for Liz’s ever increasing list. For me it’s another brick in the wall as I increasingly become more deskilled. Apart from this I’ve not had a bad week. We went to see ‘The Artist’ in the small cinema in Skipton, the film tipped as the best film of 2012 after many Oscars and Baftas. Although we enjoyed it, it didn’t really live up to expectations. By contrast ‘The Exotic Marigold Hotel’ we saw the previous week was really entertaining and we would go and see it again. Maybe it’s a generation thing?
I’ve been to Harrogate twice this week. On the first occasion we had a trip to Harlowe Carr Gardens with Daniel who we were looking after for the morning. I’m pleased because Daniel is getting more relaxed with me and yesterday we played ‘Chicken Out’ together! When he couldn’t understand me he shouted ‘Repeat yourself’ – he’s not three until next month.
I’ve not experienced the NHS this week. However my Australian cousin, Penny, who you may remember wrote in my blog when she was staying with us in November last year, has been having a torrid time as this week she had a mastectomy after a routine test when she got back revealed a small tumour. I am sure that you will want to wish her with me all the very best. None of us know what’s behind the corner.
P.S. for Ben, my Australian nephew. Webber did better today but still no podium.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Simon, I enjoy reading your blog as I can hear you through the words. You've reminded me of all the good films that are out there, and which I must make time to try and see. I should be washing up but took time out to catch up with this- much better use of time! Louise xx

    ReplyDelete